Friday, December 14, 2007

Weather.com says Managua is all 90's - all week.

Jess and I are slowly but surely emptyingout the house we've been calling home this past year. Every night we try and get through a few more totes of stuff. Here's a tip: the next time you move, go out and buy 50 bucks worth of those big rubbermaid totes. When my dad did this for their last move I thought he had lost his yo yo's, but it is actually 1 million times easier than boxes or bags. Despite my doubting, my parents were gracious enough to let us borrow their accumulated collection of totes (4 sizes in 3 colors!) for this move, if you can call it that. Anyway, most nights Jess does the packing, while I pretend to clean up the house and actually watch Law & Order. The penetance for this sin is the duty of making dinner, which most nights I enjoy doing. Last night was a failure, however. To compound our frustrations, our biggest lead for a renter fell apart. We got so upset we totally missed The Office. Don't worry, it was a re-run...I hope.
Instead, we went for a brisk walk in the freshly fallen 6 inches of snow. It's pretty unbelievable to leave this whole "winter" thing behind, as I mentioned in my last post. Jess and I both grew up around a lot of snow, and I have to wonder if there's such thing as "reverse seasonal affective disorder." Some may wonder if there is such thing as "seasonal affective disorder" in the first place. To these naysayers I challenge: If Wikipedia says it's so, there's no denying it!
OK, since this will be our last weekend in Albany, I thought I'd post a few photos from our journey through the snow last night. Grab the hot chocolate and a singing reindeer doll before venturing further!


Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas time...








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad says the train is working!

Kyle said...

A little behind the times here on the URL for your blog, but take it from one Hispanic Studies Ph.D. candidate: The sooner you learn that 90 degrees Fahrenheit is about 32 degrees Celcius, the happier you will be. No one south of Texas knows what Fahrenheit is.

A handy tip: 10 degrees Celcius = 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Going up or down from there, every 5 degrees C = exactly 9 degrees C. So 15=59, 20=68, 25=77, 30=86, 35=95, 40=104, and if you need to go above 40, it's just really really hot (but the formula still holds!)

Another handy tip: a distance of 2 kilometers is just over 1 mile!