Monday, December 10, 2007

$1,000,000 Question: How does one pack for two continents?

As we drove back to Albany last night Jess and I decided to go over our packing lists again. Somewhere between Newburgh and Poughkeepsie we realized that we'll still need a warm coat and a sweatshirt for our 2 days in DC. However, after that our winter coats will be about as useful as a haircut for a jalapeno. They just don't need 'em!

We'd love to hear some creative solutions from other trainees/volunteers. Should we just layer up and walk in to training looking like the michelen man? Do we just FedEx our coats back home from the airport? Maybe you just take them along. Then you've got your first halloween costume all taken care of:
"Hey, nice costume, man!"
"Thanks!"
"....what are you?"
"I'm me, but one year ago!"
"Sweet! I wish had thought of that. I sold my coat to our bus driver on the way to the airport...Is that costume really worth all the sweating and extra weight in your luggage?"
"No."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Why don't you just buy ones from a thrift store ant then give them to homeless people before you leave DC.

-nick

JMB. said...

Matt,

I live in DC, and I'd love to see you before you ship out. Please give me a call at 202.631.6672 if you have some time. Oh and I have absolutely no suggestions for your problem.

Jake

Anonymous said...

Matt,

How about bringing your coats down and shipping them back to Dad's before you go?

Jeff