Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Getting Ready

After a year and a half of planning and waiting, Matt and I will finally be joining Peace Corps. We couldn’t be more excited! We have both been invited to Nicaragua as Community Health Promoters. We have ‘staging’ in DC beginning on January 10th and lasting for a few days and then we will leave for Nicaragua. In the meantime, we are wrapping up our work here in Albany, looking for a home for Pumpkin (our cat) and packing up our things.

We hope that this blog will serve as a means to keep our friends and family informed over the next 27 months. And maybe it will provide some insight for those interested in joining Peace Corps, or info for those interested in life in Nicaragua!

5 comments:

A said...

Hey!

Looks like staging's actually the 7th now. I don't know how my journal got on peacecorpsjournals, someone must have found it &done all the hard work for me.

I'm still trying to master this whole blog thing, so I'm not too sure how to get to your email address. I posted mine in the comment section of my blog, so throw me an email &we can talk more... see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt and Jess! I'm excited to see your blog here. My blog is Shaun in Nicaragua and I'm going to be a community health promoter in Nicaragua also. I look forward to meeting and working with you both. How's your Spanish? Good luck with everything.
Shaun

Lissa said...

Jess, I'm so sorry that I didn't get a chance to say farewell in person -- traveling into and out of the city was crazy and I thought I had another week. I hope that this experience is everything you dream it will be, and am so glad you posted the blog URL in your e-mail -- I'll add you to my Reader account and blog roll to follow your adventures!

Merry Christmas and safe travels...

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Feliz Navidad!

GF/JB Smith said...

blessings on your adventure of service and discovery. brooks