Sunday, December 9, 2007

Update: The Countdown Begins!

Jess and I got a letter this week stating we actually need to be in DC on the 7th. This isn't too big of a deal, although we were hoping to get around to a few friends that last week and we now need to trim down our list.

It's been great getting to know a few people who will be in our training class. They've seen this blog and dropped a line - I knew this thing would be good for something!

We've got out PC bags packed and now we're focusing on emptying out our house in Albany, NY. That's right, we bought a house when we thought Peace Corps wasn't an option and now we're scrambling to make sure everything is in order. Note to future volunteers: Don't buy a house, now matter how good a deal! Today it looks like we'll load up another minivan's worth of our domestic lives and transport it to my parent's basement. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

Our last day in ALB is the 21st. So, if you'd like to see New York's Capital City in all its glory, you better get into that car and drive!!

1 comment:

Megan A Mahoney said...

Hey Matt and Jess!

I am also going to Nicaragua with PC in January...this blogger thing is very useful. I just signed up so I need to get my page started! I'm so excited for the 7th but it feels like time is flying way too fast. So much to get done in so little time. I'm so excited to meet you guys, it's going to be awesome.

Sinceremente,
Megan