Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Pumpkin Finds a New Home

Sadly, Jess and I have had to give up our cat, Pumpkin. We felt it would be best for him if he could find a new family and not have to re-adjust to us once we're back in the country. We've been searching since we first found out about our departure date, but really only came across a solution in the week before Christmas. One of Jess's co-workers at ACS, June, lives in a spectacular victorian house in Troy, NY with her cat and dog. She told us she'd been looking to get another cat, so this was the perfect opportunity for all of us. Even Pumpkin got a good deal, as he's been wanting a friend for a while. Now he'll have a dog and a cat to play with! Here are a few pictures of his journey. I have to admit it kind of felt like it must to drop your kid off at kindergarten for the first time. Oh well....


Here's Pumpkin driving to his new home. Don't worry, he is a very good driver. We've been practicing.




Here's Pumpkin weighing himself in his new home. Such boyish charm!



And here he is at the top of his new staircase. Adios, senor!




THANK YOU, JUNE! TAKE GOOD CARE OF HIM!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin Rocks! and June Rocks! You all rock! And in addition to Junie's excellent cat parenting skills, we can have monthly visitations with him too, all of Jess's fan club here at ACS will load up a car and head over to Junie's house and have some quality time with Pumpkin. What fun!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, Pumpkin! I'm glad he's got a home.

The driving picture reminds me of Toonces the Driving Cat SNL sketch. Funny stuff.

Good luck! I'll be checking in on the blog to see how things are going.

Kyle said...

Adiós, Señor don Pumpkin. It was a pleasure to have met you, if only briefly.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Matthew and Jess for visiting our class. You gave us a lot of great ideas.
Adios.

Anonymous said...

A cat that drives?!

Crazy!

Thanks, Emer!

Anonymous said...

Matt and Jess!
Congrats on peace corps...I found out about the news on the HWS website. I'm planning a trip to central America next year, the plan is to leave right after new years next year. I'm hoping to do a 4 month trip; a month in costa rica, a month in nicaragua, one in guatamala, and a month in belize. I'd love to keep in touch and maybe meet up with you two when I'm down there! I know its far away but its exciting to think about:)

...I wish you two the best of luck and I'll be checking your blog from time to time! Be well and enjoy yourselves! You're doing a wonderful thing being down there!

with much love,
Lilli:)

Anonymous said...

Matt and Jess
thanks for telling us all about how you decided to go. I feel terrible for Pumpkin. Thanks for the ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Have a safe trip!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope pumpkin enjoys his new home and new owner!

Anonymous said...

Matt,
I wish you the best of luck. You will have a life changing experience as will Jess. I joined the PC four decades ago andstayed three years! This will be even better than a Truamn Scholarship!!! If you don't mind, could you put me on your email list --I would love to hear of your experiences.

Alan Frishman
Professor of Economics