Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nica Profile 1: Adriana Corrales Espinoza - with picture

Adriana (10) on the left and her sister, Ena Sophia (5) on the right.


Do you listen to American Music?
Yes. I like the Black Eyed Peas.

Have you heard of Harry Potter?
Yes. I have seen all the movies, but haven´t read the books.

What types of books do you like to read?
I like to read Adventure books.

Do your teachers give you homework?
Yes.

Do you like doing homework?
Eh, mas o menos. (more or less).

What is your favorite subject in school?
Natural Sciences

What do you like to do in your free time?
I like to play computer games. I also have a Nintendo GameCube. Matt and I play Mario Sunshine.

What do you eat in a normal day?
Breakfast: Corn tortillas, eggs, refried beans, coffee with milk
Lunch: Grilled Steak or chicken, white rice, fried plantains, mashed potatoes, salad, fruit juice
Dinner: Ham sandwich and water

Do you eat fruits, vegetables, or candy?
Yes, but I like fruit the best. We have a mango tree and lemon tree in our backyard. We also have an avocado tree.

What are your chores?
Feed the dog, go out to buy milk or cheese, take care of my sister.

What is your favorite holiday and why?
December 31st. I like when we explode the ¨Año viejo,¨ or old year. In this tradition every block in the city dresses up a doll like an old man. The dolls are about the size of a grown person. They dress him up in a sombrero and put him on a stick. He is filled with explosives. At exactly 12 o´clock PM we light the fuse and he explodes. It´s like saying goodbye to the old year and hello to the new one.

No comments: